New SandBlast Agent for Browsers plug-in prevents the latest web-based malware, phishing and credential theft attacks using cloud-based analysis
Check Point has announced SandBlast Agent for Browsers, an anti-malware and anti-phishing extension for web browsers to address the rapid growth in web-based malware and social engineering attacks. The solution protects users against malicious files and content downloaded from infected websites byseamlessly adding real-time, low-footprint protection against attacks into users’ web browsers.
Files downloaded from the web are a leading entry point for malware onto networks. An upcoming SANS survey, Exploits at the Endpoint: SANS 2016 Threat Landscape Study, shows:
- 41% of the respondents experienced their most impactful security events through attacks that used drive-by downloads of malicious programs.
- 80 percent of organizations were impacted by phishing attacks over the past year.
SandBlast Agent for Browsers protects users’ PCs and the enterprise network from web-based attacks, maintaining security while minimizing the footprint of running, managing and deploying multiple endpoint products on every machine. Its features include:
- Proactive, real-time protection from advanced malware, and delivery of safe documents and content to users in seconds
- Dynamic analysis blocks unknown and zero-day phishing attacks that target user credentials
- Simple, easy-to-deploy browser plugin extensionfor Internet Explorer and Chrome that installs in minutes and operates with minimal overhead
- Highest malware catch rate in the industry, using advanced cloud sandboxingwith CPU-level detection
“Within our expanding business, we’ve increasingly been challenged to maintain the security of our endpoints, especially as employees are targeted by hackers using more and more clever social engineering techniques,” said Saul Schwartz, enterprise security manager, se2. “Having a simple, easy-to-use browser extension that prevents attacks without slowing users down, will be a game-changer for our increasingly mobile workforce – particularly from threats such as phishing attacks.”
“As cyberattacks are growing in their complexity and frequency, enterprises are increasingly at risk of falling victim to a wide range of browser-based attacks,” said Nathan Shuchami, head of advanced threat prevention, Check Point. “Existing technologies ask users to wait for content to be evaluated, or require multiple, intrusive software installations on every system. SandBlast Agent for Browsers brings the highest level of protection to users in a simple browser plug-in that blocks unknown and zero-day malware delivered via web downloads, while quickly delivering safe content within seconds.”
[su_box title=”About Check Point” style=”noise” box_color=”#336588″][short_info id=’74105′ desc=”true” all=”false”][/su_box]