It’s Halloween. Each year, Bitglass publishes a number of research reports focusing on different aspects of cybersecurity and breach trends in different industry sectors. Below is a list of some of the most alarming statistics included in Bitglass’ 2018 reports on malware, cloud security and breaches in financial services and healthcare.
Scary Security Stats
- 44% of organizations are infected by malware in at least one of their cloud apps haunted by malware (source: Bitglass Financial Breach Report 2018)
- 93% of antivirus engines are unable to detect zero-day ransomware like ShurL0ckr (source: Bitglass Financial Breach Report 2018)
- Only 44% of enterprise IT departments have visibility into external sharing and DLP policy violations (source: Bitglass Cloud Hard 2018 Report)
- More than 4.7 million individuals were affected by healthcare data breaches in 2017 (source: Bitglass Healthcare Breach Report 2018)
- The cost per leaked data record in the healthcare sector was $380 in 2017 (source: Bitglass Healthcare Breach Report 2018)