Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda tightens relationship with Microsoft Azure to offer customers advanced security and flexibility for their public cloud deployments.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall is the only web application firewall available in Microsoft Azure that protects web apps, mobile apps, and application program interface (API) apps developed through the Azure App Service.
- Customers creating web and mobile apps with Azure App Service can easily integrate an additional layer of security in the Azure environment using the Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
“The rapid transition to cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure offers many great benefits for customers, however, it still requires attention to security socloud assets and applications remain protected,” explains Michael Hughes, SVP WW Sales, Barracuda. “We’re excited to bring this additional capability to help our mutual customers take advantage of the cloud, and we look forward to continued success in our valued relationship with Microsoft.”
Customers can use the Barracuda Web Application Firewall to easily augment security for applications developed on any platform through the Azure App Service. Highlights include:
- Security-enhanced Deployments– Barracuda Web Application Firewalls are easily deployed into the Azure App Service environment and automatically add an extra layer of security.
- Security for REST / JSON based APIs– Azure API Gateway can be augmented with Barracuda Web Application Firewall to provide additional application layer security for REST / JSON based-APIs.
“Microsoft Azure App Service makes building great web and mobile applications hosted in the cloud even easier,” adds Nazim Lala, Sr. Security Lead, Microsoft Azure. “Barracuda and Microsoft have a shared interest in helping our mutual customers take advantage of the cloud to deliver great mobile and web experiences that engage and connect with their customers – all the while maintaining a strong security posture.”
Barracuda Total Threat Protection
Barracuda Web Application Firewall in Azure is part of the Barracuda Total Threat Protection initiative, which is aimed at providing powerful, integrated security protection acrossmultiple threat vectors at an affordable cost. Barracuda Total Threat Protection is designed to protect multiple threat vectors – including email, web applications, remote access, web browsing by network users, mobile Internet access, and network perimeters – that span private and public cloud deployments. It includes the combination of award-winning security solutions, a common management interface, a single point of support, and affordability.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Web Application Firewall in Azure is available today in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace as part of the Microsoft Azure Certifiedprogramme. Customers can purchase hourly Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) or Bring-Your-Own-License (BYOL) subscriptions.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organisations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.