Lancope, Inc., a leader in network visibility and security intelligence, will deliver a complimentary webinar on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 11:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern time entitled, “Hunting Attackers with Network Audit Trails.” Webinar attendees will learn how network logging technologies such as NetFlow and IPFIX can be applied to the problem of detecting sophisticated, targeted attacks.
Today’s attacks have become increasingly difficult to detect and analyse. Attackers are employing zero-day vulnerabilities and exploit obfuscation techniques to evade detection systems and “fly under the radar” for long periods of time. By leveraging flow data, organizations can create a complete audit trail of network activity that can be analysed, both automatically and by skilled investigators, to uncover anomalous traffic and the subtle indicators of an attack.
Join Lancope’s Director of Security Research, Tom Cross, and discover how to increase network visibility and control to better defend IT infrastructure against ever-evolving attacks:
WHO: Tom Cross, Director of Security Research, Lancope, Inc.
WHAT: “Hunting Attackers with Network Audit Trails”
WHEN: September 26, 11:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern time, 4:00 p.m. U.K. time
Webinar participants will learn:
– Why conventional security technologies are not sufficient for fending off advanced attacks
– How network logging technologies such as NetFlow and IPFIX, already inherent within enterprise infrastructure, can be used to cost-effectively detect targeted attacks
– How to monitor and analyse network activity to quickly uncover suspicious traffic that could signify risk
– How to discover and thwart active attacks in each phase of the attacker’s “kill chain”
– How network audit trails can be used in a forensics capacity to determine the scope of successful breaches and document the timeline of attacks to help prevent future incidents
Lancope’s StealthWatch® System leverages NetFlow and other types of flow data to deliver a comprehensive picture of network activity for uncovering a wide range of threats. For further details on using StealthWatch to detect advanced attacks, go to: http://www.lancope.com/solutions/.
Lancope, Inc. is a leading provider of network visibility and security intelligence to defend enterprises against today’s top threats. By collecting and analysing NetFlow, IPFIX and other types of flow data, Lancope’s StealthWatch® System helps organisations quickly detect a wide range of attacks from APTs and DDoS to zero-day malware and insider threats. Through pervasive insight across distributed networks, including mobile, identity and application awareness, Lancope accelerates incident response, improves forensic investigations and reduces enterprise risk. Lancope’s security capabilities are continuously enhanced with threat intelligence from the StealthWatch Labs research team. For more information, visit www.lancope.com.