HYCU researchers are reporting 65% of respondents lack full confidence in their legacy backup solutions (HYCU’s in the multi-cloud backup-as-a-service biz). Excerpts
According to the report, 65% of surveyed enterprise organizations are increasing spending on detection, prevention and recovery, and respondents are beginning to understand that air-gapped or immutable backups are the only ways to ensure that the backups themselves don’t fall prey to encryption worms when ransomware hits.
Key findings include:
● 52% of ransomware victims suffered data loss
● 63% of victims suffered an operational disruption
● Just 41% air gap their backups
● Just 47% routinely test their backups
● Only 35% of respondents believe their current backup and recovery tools are sufficient