GlobalSign, a Certificate Authority (CA) focused on solutions for enterprises, today launched a new solution that integrates with Windows Active Directory and allows enterprises to automate the enrollment, provisioning and management of GlobalSign digital certificates for Windows environments.
The solution, GlobalSign Auto Enrollment Gateway (AEG), enables enterprises to replace internal CAs with GlobalSign’s services, and reduce costs by adding certificate-based solutions such as two-factor authentication and advanced SSL without having to manage their own highly complex and costly internal CA.
“Because GlobalSign SaaS certificate services provide the latest best practices and highest standards in certificate technology, enterprises using them reduce their risk of falling victim to attacks that take advantage of weak and mismanaged certificates,” the company explained.
According to GlobalSign, the solution offers benefits including:
– Risk mitigation: Certificate management by a public trusted CA protects against vulnerabilities and threats.
– Compliance: Proper management ensures that certificates remain valid and do not cause the enterprise to become non-compliant.
– Cost savings: GlobalSign AEG cuts costs by putting management in the hands of PKI experts, removing the need for resources to manage PKI and preventing breaches that could be devastating to businesses, causing brand damage and loss in revenue.
– Enhanced productivity: Proper PKI management ensures continued uptime, eliminates the interruption of mission-critical operations due to invalid certificates and offers employees remote, secure access to company networks.
Additional features and benefits include:
– Easily deployed Public Key Operation (PKO) solutions: AEG supports a wide range of use cases that require strong two-factor authentication, from client authentication of remote workforces accessing the network through VPNs and WiFi to privileged access of highly sensitive resources and systems via smart-card authentication.
– Scalability: Organizations can scale to higher-volume deployments to accommodate growth.
– Active Directory integration: AEG provides seamless, often transparent, certificate life-cycle management, avoiding disruptions and security concerns through immediate detection and replacement of expired certificates.