Tech Data to Offer the NCP Secure Entry VPN Clients to its SMB Market Segment
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (April 15, 2015) —NCP engineering, security technology market leader, and Tech Data, one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, today announced an agreement that brings remote access VPN solutions to thousands of resellers. The agreement initially focuses on Tech Data’s channel of SMB solution providers in the U.S. and Canada, offering the NCP Secure Entry Clients through the distributor’s Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) division. For larger deployments, the NCP Secure Enterprise Solution is also available across the channel. Tech Data joins NCP’s growing partner roster, expanding the network through which its VPN products are available to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
The Tech Data/NCP engineering agreement provides the missing piece in the end- customer’s VPN environment with an easy-to-use and reliable VPN client.
“We are thrilled to partner with Tech Data and become part of their AIS portfolio,” said Patrick Oliver Graf, CEO of NCP engineering. “Our partner program makes selling our VPN solutions incredibly attractive to both Tech Data and its customers. Through this partnership, we look forward to addressing the growing demand for secure network solutions and to growing our businesses together.”
The NCP Secure Entry Clients work with all leading VPN gateways and firewalls, offering resellers the opportunity to sell or cross-sell an enhancement as part of a complete solution or previous sale—making the value-added benefits to all parties undeniable.
“Tech Data is pleased to add NCP engineering to its AIS portfolio,” said Joe Uraco, director, AIS at Tech Data. “Through our team’s expertise in the SMB market, we are excited to help NCP grow its business in this area. We look forward to a mutually successful relationship as we help our customers enhance their secure network solutions capabilities.”
“As businesses experience growth over the coming years, the need for reliable network security solutions will continue to rapidly increase,” NCP engineering and Tech Data customer Ryan Lipschitz, vice president, Engineering of Virtual Graffiti, said. “It’s great to see two of our channel partners join forces. Together, NCP and Tech Data will broaden the availability of VPN solutions that remove all user complexity and maintain reliable connections for our end customers.”
To support the relationship, NCP has established an office in Clearwater, Florida, where Tech Data’s headquarters is located.
- The NCP Secure Entry Clients are compatible with leading VPN gateways and firewalls from Cisco, Check Point and Fortinet, and with desktops, laptops and tablet PCs running on Windows operating systems 8.x, 7, Vista or Windows Mobile, as well as OS X Clients for OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Android 5.x and 4.x.
- The NCP Secure Enterprise Solution includes NCP’s enterprise IPsec VPN client suite, a scalable, hybrid IPsec/SSL VPN gateway, and a management system (SEM) to support organizations’ entire remote access infrastructure. The NCP Remote Access solution secures all communications to the corporate network while also allowing IT administrators to monitor for anomalies and centrally manage issues as they arise, including immediately revoking access in case of a breach.
- NCP Secure Entry Clients are a 100 percent software solution. There is no hardware, inventory stocking or long lead times. To try a free 30-day trial and discover what your other VPN client is missing, please visit here.
- Tech Data is a wholesale distributor of technology products. To learn more about its service offerings, click here or visit techdata.com.
- For more information on how to become an NCP channel partner, click here.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec/SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ: TECD) is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $27.7 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2015. It is ranked No. 111 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies.” To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.