- Centralised dashboard to track, manage and secure mobiles devices
- Remote wipe feature to protect against data theft or misuse
- Flexibility to manage enterprise and employee-owned devices
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, announced the launch of Mobile Device Manager Plus, its enterprise mobility management solution. Targeting organisations that are adopting mobile-only and mobile-first IT strategies, Mobile Device Manger Plus provides a dedicated solution for tracking, managing and securing their mobile devices.
Mobile Device Manager Plus is a strategic response to unrelenting growth of enterprise mobility and the ensuing rise of mobile-centric organisations. Forrester predicts the number of global smartphone subscribers will reach 3.5 billion by 2019, with smartphone penetration by population exceeding 50 percent in 2017 and reaching 59 per cent by 2019, up from 28 percent in 2013. TechNavio forecasts global MDM market CAGR will be 25.4 per cent between 2014 and 2019.
“Mobile devices are starting to drown out and replace PCs and laptops on corporate networks,” said Mathivanan Venkatachalam, director of product management at ManageEngine. “We’re seeing that trend in our customer base, and we’re seeing it in the business world at large, in companies of every size. For many, mobile is the primary point of engagement — for employees, customer and partners, alike. In response, we’re putting mobility front and centre with the release of Mobile Device Manager Plus.”
Making Way for Mobile-Only
Mobile Device Manager Plus decouples the mobile device management (MDM) features previously available only in the company’s Desktop Central application and presents them in a mobile-only solution. While MDM is still available in Desktop Central, Mobile Device Manager Plus is geared for organizations that need to manage their mobile devices but have no need to manage traditional PC or laptops. In fact, 10 percent of Desktop Central customers fall into that category and use only the MDM features.
Mobile Device Manager Plus offers admins a comprehensive, secure solution to manage mobile devices remotely. Admins can regulate mobile devices to guard against loss or theft of corporate data and to prevent non-approved software installations and unauthorised access to corporate networks. Other highlights include:
- Manage smartphones and tablets running iOS, Android and Windows mobile operating systems
- Perform advanced management for Samsung SAFE and KNOX devices
- Ensure security by locking devices, erasing data and more
- Manage apps and distribute in-house and store apps, black list or white list apps and more
- Perform asset management, including view certificates, profiles, restrictions, geo-tracking and more
- Manage configurations, including enable passcodes, impose restrictions and more