451 Research released new findings titled “Modern Clouds Need a Novel Security Approach”, highlighting the challenges with fast-moving and increasing cloud security adoption and how to address them. Key findings include:
- Cloud remains a significant gap for InfoSec
- Security teams are looking to catch up in cloud expertise
- Newer cloud security work is collaborative
- Newer cloud deployment environments are increasingly automated
- Centralized teams feel the brunt of multi-cloud and multi-platform
451 Research regularly reaches out to key IT stakeholders to research, among other things, different quantitative and qualitative aspects of their security programs. 451 Research found that having adequate knowledge of cloud platform capabilities and security controls topped the list of information security gaps for both 2019(48%) and 2020 (41%). An expert with Blue Hexagon offers perspective.