This year, over 80 million identities have already been uncovered through the internet. Have a look at this infographic to become more aware of potential phishing scams and make sure you don’t take the bait.
1) Did you know the term ‘Phishing’ originated from actual fishing because the manner of the attack resembled fishing ever since its early invention?
2) According to Kaspersky, ‘Phishing has become the preferred method for cybercriminals’.
3) Humans are the weakest link in information security defence programs because of their susceptibility in phishing emails, highlighting the topics that spark interest or fear of account being hacked.
4) Two of the most targeted companies in 2012 were Facebook and PayPal.
5) 23 hours and 10 minutes is the average life span for phishing websites.