Varonis Systems, Inc., a provider of software solutions for unstructured, human-generated enterprise data, announced the general availability of DatAnywhere 1.5, adding to the functionality of a secure collaboration solution that has gained strong customer adoption in its first year of existence.
Varonis DatAnywhere extends the usability of corporate file-sharing infrastructure to enable traditional file servers and NAS devices to behave like a cloud-based service and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android clients. The new release includes a number of enhanced features to better enable secure collaboration both within the enterprise and with partners, customers and suppliers. The enhancements found in version 1.5 improve the overall user experience and security, and allow files to be shared more effectively and efficiently.
Enhancements in Varonis DatAdvantage 1.5 include:
– Shared workspaces – The ability for IT administrators and data owners to logically group collections of shares and automatically make them available to all or select users based on Active Directory attributes. Offering an alternative to mapped drives, these shared workspaces drastically simplify configuration for collaboration at scale and provide an easy way to ensure that end users have continually updated content.
– Selective sync – Enabling end users to more granularly select subfolders and files that sync to each device. This provides users with increased flexibility and control over locally stored data, helping to simplify configuration and preserve local disk space.
– Enhanced authentication options – Support for single sign-on (SSO) and certificate-based authentication, which simplifies administration, improves security and adds flexibility.
– Enhanced DFS support – Allowing administrators to specify DFS roots as DatAnywhere-enabled directories, making the overall experience more user-friendly and simplifying administration.
– Performance and usability improvements – Enables users to resume partial downloads, prioritize uploads, and introduces additional direct actions from the sync event log. Faster files transfers and master-copy creation on the server enhance the user experience.
Yaki Faitelson, Varonis CEO, President and co-founder, said, “Since launching DatAnywhere, we’ve seen enterprises of all sizes embrace this new solution to a widely recognized problem. Businesses need to foster collaboration within their organizations, and with key outside entities, in a safe and secure way. DatAnywhere helps organizations achieve a critically needed balance between productivity and security. To further address the needs of enterprise IT and business leaders, the new features in DatAnywhere 1.5 will provide users with more flexibility and options for sharing, along with an even better experience.”
Faitelson continued, “At Varonis, we are continuously striving to expand our solution set in order to provide enterprises with the best and most comprehensive solutions to get more out of their unstructured data with less risk, and less cost. Human-generated data inside the enterprise is the next wave in big data, and Varonis is well positioned to become a leader in this space.”
In addition to DatAnywhere, Varonis provides enterprises with a variety of solutions to enable them to better manage and secure their data, using The Varonis® Metadata Framework™. Varonis’ flagship product, DatAdvantage, enables IT admins to make sure that the right users have access to the right data at all times, all use is monitored and abuse is flagged.
To find out more about Varonis, DatAnywhere or any of Varonis’ other offerings, visit www.varonis.com.
To see a live demonstration of Varonis DatAnywhere, register here:
Varonis provides an innovative software platform that allows enterprises to map, analyze, manage and migrate their unstructured data. Varonis specializes in human-generated data, a type of unstructured data that includes an enterprise’s spreadsheets, word processing documents, presentations, audio files, video files, emails, text messages and any other data created by employees. This data often contains an enterprise’s financial information, product plans, strategic initiatives, intellectual property and numerous other forms of vital information. IT and business personnel deploy Varonis software for a variety of use cases, including data governance, data security, archiving, file synchronization, enhanced mobile data accessibility and information collaboration. As of September 30, 2013, Varonis had more than 2,100 customers, spanning leading firms in the financial services, public, consumer and retail, technology, healthcare, media & entertainment, energy & utilities, education and industrial sectors.
Varonis, the Varonis logo and DatAnywhere® are registered trademarks of Varonis® Systems in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Connect with Varonis
Subscribe to the Varonis news RSS feed
Follow Varonis on Twitter
Join Varonis on LinkedIn
Join Varonis on Google+