Ping Identity®, The Identity Security Company™, has announced at the Cloud Identity Summit major new solutions and product updates that will bring the industry closer to a post-password security standard. Following on the heels of its acquisition of multi-factor authentication provider accells technologies earlier this year, the company is launching PingID, a brand new security solution for one-swipe mobile authentication. The launch also features significant new upgrades to the company’s PingFederate, PingAccess and PingOne product lines.
“Companies are spending more than $40 billion on IT security technology while hackers cost the U.S. economy as much as $100 billion every year, and the undisputed majority of these breaches are password-related,” said Andre Durand, CEO, Ping Identity. “These economics tell a clear story: security approaches that target endpoints, networks and email are not equipped to cope with the increasingly mobile and cloud-connected world in which we live. With today’s announcements, Ping is excited to move one step forward in creating a safe and secure world where strong identity takes you anywhere.”
New solutions and product updates include:
– PingID – PingID delivers a sophisticated approach to multi-factor authentication and mobile strong authentication with unmatched user experience and a platform end users have today – their smartphone. With the PingID app, end users swipe their smartphone for authentication as a primary or second factor to access applications and services. Built on an adaptive authentication framework, PingID can deliver access policies to applications based on geolocation, challenge-response, and/or a unique swipe pattern. PingID delivers one secure app to authenticate any employee, partner or customer while ensuring a low total cost of ownership with no hardware or transaction costs and the user experience contributes to self-service onboarding and high user satisfaction. For more details on PingID, visit this blog post.
– Federated Access Management – New capabilities in PingFederate (v7.2) and PingAccess (v3.0) come together to give enterprises an agile way to add mobile access and move their business applications and infrastructure into the cloud. With federated access management, businesses can securely and easily extend identity security policies and infrastructure across cloud, API, and mobile environments without security coding headaches and WAM retrofitting nightmares. Enterprises can easily extend their existing directory stores and authentication methods across web and mobile properties, public and private cloud–regardless of device. This solution provides identity security for enterprises with Mobile App Development/API projects; Amazon AWS, private and hybrid cloud projects; and customer and partner federation initiatives. For more details on Federated Access Management, visit this blog post.
– PingOne Summer – PingOne is a professional-grade IDaaS solution that allows IT to deliver a compelling user experience with the access control and security policies the organisation requires. The enhanced application catalogue provides users with personal and business applications from PingOne. New multi-factor authentication support allows organisations to add an extra layer of security to critical business applications, including the new PingID app or their MFA of choice; and new internationalisation features meet global enterprise requirements for non-English interfaces (starting with French and German) and privacy domicile capabilities that allow administrators to customise personally identifiable information (PII) by region. For more details on PingOne, visit this blog post.
PingID as well as updated versions of PingFederate, PingAccess and PingOne are all generally available. For more information on these products and others, please visit this blog post.
– How the Connected Enterprise Will Create a $47B Identity Security Market: An Infographic
– Leadership Triple Crown – IDaaS, Federation, IAM
– Ping Identity Acquires Mobile Identity and Multi-Factor Authentication Provider Accells Technologies
About Ping Identity | The Identity Security Company
Ping Identity is the pioneer and largest independent provider of next generation identity security solutions, with more than 1,200 customers worldwide, including half of the Fortune 100. Ping Identity is transforming the way hundreds of millions of people live and work every day by making their apps more convenient and secure to access from any device, anywhere. Visit pingidentity.com for more information.