First IPsec VPN Client compatible with Windows 10 now available with newly added features to improve ease-of-use capabilities while optimizing for Internet of Things configuration
NCP engineering today announced the availability of its updated NCP Secure Clients, Version 10.02, to support users running Windows 10, the yet-released, latest version of the operating system, as well as those running Windows 8.x, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
The update includes optimization for Internet of Things (IoT) configuration, without the need for user interaction, and streamlines the process for network administrators in connected environments. It also introduces a function to deactivate the WLAN adapter the moment the LAN cable is plugged in, eliminating dual network connections at the user’s request. Further, the Client has the capability to initiate a VPN tunnel immediately after the system starts (pre-logon), without the user having to enter a password or a PIN before logging into Windows. This new pre-logon feature with machine certification helps to manage the devices by IT administrators rather than individual users and adds more security in a company wide environment.
Other key upgrades include:
- Periodic Friendly Net Detection (FND) testing that alerts the user if the preferred network is no longer available
- A user interface that scales to the monitor with touch operation to improve the user experience on touch screen devices, such as Windows tablets and smartphones
- Search log functionality within the log protocol and immediate configuration updates carried over by the management system
Enterprises can purchase the NCP Secure Clients for Windows, Version 10.02, from NCP’s network of reseller partners and distributors.
- The NCP Secure Entry Clients are compatible with leading VPN gateways and firewalls from Cisco, Check Point and Fortinet, and with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones running on Windows operating systems 10, 8.x, 7 or Vista, as well as OS X Clients for OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Android 5.x and 4.x.
- The NCP Secure Enterprise Solution includes NCP’s enterprise IPsec VPN client suite, a scalable, hybrid IPsec/SSL VPN gateway, and a management system (SEM) to support organizations’ entire remote access infrastructure. The NCP Remote Access solution secures all communications to the corporate network while also allowing IT administrators to monitor for anomalies and centrally manage issues as they arise, including immediately revoking access in case of a breach.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec/SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers.