Xirrus, the leading provider of high-performance wireless networks, today announced immediate availability of EasyPass, a suite of services that manage mobile device connections to Wi-Fi networks in the simplest way with minimal IT involvement. EasyPass streamlines device onboarding for employees and guests and requires up to five fewer steps than before. The cloud hosted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides IT complete control over the Wi-Fi network from a single console and provides the only device-agnostic solution on the market that eliminates all platform dependencies.
Today, network administrators face managing the Internet of Things (IoT) on their Wi-Fi networks and Gartner estimates 25 billion connected devices by 2020, up from 5 billion today. This exceptional growth of traffic has already not only severely stressed Wi-Fi networks, but also the IT administrators who face the growing challenge of supporting, securing and managing the proliferation of these devices in their businesses.
“Because there will be more devices that more frequently will be brought into the office, network designers must select solutions based on the ease of onboarding of new devices that use many OSs,” said Bjarne Munch and Christian Canales, Gartner in “Mobile Device Proliferation is Forcing Network Leaders to Redesign Enterprise Wireless LANs, May 19, 2014, refreshed June 2015.”
EasyPass delivers the simplest, fastest onboarding process available in the market to manage any number, or type, of device on the Wi-Fi network. Unlike other access solutions in the industry that are complex and require dedicated resources to manage, Xirrus EasyPass:
- Eliminates complexity and is extremely easy to install and manage
- Requires no dedicated resources or training to implement
- Comes at no additional cost with every XMS-Cloud subscription
- Lowers installation costs and integration requirements via a cloud-hosted solution
- Works across all platforms and operating systems regardless of device
The EasyPass suite of services includes three modules:
- EasyPass Onboarding: Provides device-independent secure access for known users such as employees or students and ensures each user’s connection is individually secured, eliminating the shared keys used on many Wi-Fi networks that expose them to compromise.
- EasyPass Guest: Allows users to self-register without any IT assistance, and delivers fast and easy Wi-Fi access for anyone that wants to connect from anywhere, on any device.
- EasyPass Voucher: Enables guest access with pre-created voucher codes to ensure greater control over who receives Wi-Fi access and for what duration.
“Users expect to connect anywhere, anytime without waiting. It’s no longer enough to simply provide Wi-Fi – today, connecting must be fast, easy and secure,” said Bruce Miller, vice president of product marketing at Xirrus. “EasyPass addresses the pain points IT departments face due to the growing number of disparate devices on their Wi-Fi networks. Xirrus is the only Wi-Fi vendor to provide secure, device-independent Wi-Fi access with the simplest way to connect.”